[Sca-cooks] OOP: Chocolate and Bacon Bar

Lilinah lilinah at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 20 19:23:23 PST 2008

The same company that makes the delightful Curry Ice Cream (sans
chocolate) i reported on some time ago, Vosges Haut-Chocolat (vozhe
oh shah-ko-lah) of Chicago IL
http://www.vosgeschocolate.com
began making chocolate truffles and then chocolate bars. I saw the
curry and chocolate bar, of course, which i will have to try, but
what i bought was "Mo's Bacon Bar", a chocolate bar with bacon bits.
This seems to me the perfect bar for many women i know who love
chocolate and love salty, smokey, well-cooked American bacon.

The chocolate was a sort of milk chocolate , which normally i eschew.
But this 41% cocoa mass bar was deep and flavorful with a nice firm
texture, not the sticky, gooey, excessively fatty and sugary,
low-flavor, pathetic excuse for chocolate that Hershey's makes.

It includes "alderwood smoked salt" and "applewood smoked bacon".
These were not large bits of chewy bacon, but tiny bits that one
comes upon. I thought it was quite wonderful, although i do prefer
darker chocolate. However, the price tag means i am unlikely to buy
such delights with any frequency, as a single bar was nearly seven
smackeronis (more on the website).

Uh-Oh! I see a *must have* bar on the website: the Black Pearl - dark
chocolate of 55% cacao , with
ginger + wasabi + black sesame seeds.

Phlip, i think you need to at least read over what they have :-)

--
Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita

My LibraryThing