[Sca-cooks] Books of Possible Interest

Lilinah lilinah at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 20 19:40:55 PST 2008

Daniel wrote:
>Just got my copy of the University of California Press, History 2008 book
>catalog.  Listed of possible interest are:
>
>Food, the History of Taste
>The Spice Route, A History
>Arranging the Meal, A History of Table Service in France
>Medieval Cuisine of the Islamic World, A Concise History with 174 Recipes
>
>I think some of these have been discussed previously, perhaps all?  Any
>comments?

I'm cleaning up my review of "Medieval Cuisine of the Islamic World"
which i will post to the list tonight.

And when i bought it i also picked up "The Spice Route" which i
haven't read yet, but will read in the next day or three (gotta skip
Tuesday, since that's when i have my Arabic language class)

The shop also had "The History of Taste" and "Arranging in the Meal",
but i didn't look through them.
--
Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita