[Sca-cooks] Elizabeth Crocker

Arianwen ferch Arthur caer_mab at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 21 10:13:52 PST 2008

Sigh, even among home ec teachers there is a schism,
and we no longer teach cooking and sewing -- anyone
who can read can cook or follow a pattern instructions
to sew something.  At the last meeting of home ec
teachers in my district MANY years ago, one of the
women said she was not a "stitcher & stewer" she only
wanted to teach the family relations  and personal
adjustment stuff,  and there are very few home ec
classes left in our district these days, plus the only
training they will offer is the
institutional/restaurant management or lodging
management courses (sigh, I am no longer a stitcher &
stewer, but a computer teacher, its more fun right
now)

And I'm sorry you didn't have fun in your home ec
classes either.

Arianwen ferch Arthur
"Outside of a dog a book is man's best friend. And inside of a dog it's too dark to read." G. Marx