[Sca-cooks] Everything old is new again

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 24 22:22:19 PST 2008

Maggie MacD. wrote:
> At 10:05 PM 1/24/2008,Susan Fox said something like:
>
>> That's a laugh riot.
>>
>> I've recently acquired the Japanese version, "takoyaki" pan for little
>> doughballs with seafood in them -- traditionally octopus "tako" but
>> sometimes shrimp.  Savories, with a sweet sauce and green onions.  The
>> pan makes smaller "puffs" and I suppose this group with "invent" those
>> next year.
>>
>> Pass the maple syrple!
>>
>> Selene
>>

> Is there a reference for this that I can pass along to the son who is
> particularly fond of "tako"?
>
> Regards.
> Maggie

www.takoyaki.org, somebody's Japanese travel blog, has links to recipes,
pans and how-to videos listed along the right-hand side of the screen.
This is finest kind Osaka street food, I think he will like it.  Maybe I
should do some Weird Food Science at Potrero.

When I was in college, there was a burger stand in west LA that carried
American, Mexican and Japanese food, and you could order any of them in
interesting combinations, including all the Japanese protein sources in
Mexican dishes.  Yes, you could get a Tako Taco, but they'd make sure
that's what you really wanted.  I miss Mego's.

Selene