[Sca-cooks] White Pizza- OOP

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Sat Jan 26 21:25:52 PST 2008

On Jan 27, 2008, at 12:08 AM, Terry Decker wrote:

>> Apparently, it's not even butter.

Apparently not. And you, too, will be saying,"I Can't Believe It's Not
Pizza!"

>> Who in the blazes _are_ these people? And what's with all the
>> Southern
>> Italian cows?
>>

> Southern Italy has cows?  I thought that was goat country.

That was my understanding. Maybe buffalo butter? Of course, you can
also get olive oil in Southern Italy (also lots of other places) that
won't flow as a liquid at room temperature; it has to be spread with a
knife.

>>> Note I don't recommend eating that stuff... but it will give you
>>> that
>>> Buttery Crust that Pizza Houses achieve.
>>

>> Boy, the things you learn about pizza once you leave New York or New
>> Jersey!
>>
>> Adamantius
>
> I got introduced to pizza at the 1964 World's Fair in New York.

I have no recollection of it, unfortunately, but I have some stunning
Kodachrome 35mm slides taken by my father, some featuring the 2-year-
old me, at the Fair. We walked to it. ;-)

>  Wasn't bad.
> Then I went to Naples and got introduced pizza perfection at a local
> bakery.
> New Jack and Joisy gotta ways to go to beat out Napoli.

I'm sure. But I'm also sure a good deal of the gap is accountable to
pseudo-mozzarella and the Ray Bari pizza oven. Both of which are
somewhat rarer here than in 1964.

And while we're comparing to Napoli, do we even want to raise the
specter of cheddar cheese, Pernicious Fruits, or "Alfredo Sauce"? Or
would that be going too far?

Adamantius