[Sca-cooks] parmesan mornay

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Jan 27 20:46:36 PST 2008

niccolo difrancesco, mundane pizzaiolo by trade said:

<<< At my place, we call it a parmesan cream sauce (a parmesan mornay
made with
milk and cream highlighted with a roasted garlic back note).  We may
trot
out the "Alfredo" word when we build a signature pizza with the cream
sauce,
chicken, bacon, and spinach.  Sorry A, no noddles on this, but could
be fun. >>>

A parmesan what? At least I have a rough idea of what an "Alfredo"
sauce is or should taste like. Like much of the public I wouldn't
know if a parmesan mornay included eels or just what.

Is the spinach there mainly for color? Or would you really taste it?
Maybe onions or chives.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas