[Sca-cooks] OT, OOP, non-dairy double chocolate muffin recipe?

Christiane christianetrue at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 28 12:14:23 PST 2008

I figure if the knowledgeable folks on this list can't help, no one can. :-)

A very dear SCAdian friend of mine was blessed with a baby girl this summer. Little Mina is all sorts of adorable, but if her mommy eats the least bit of dairy or soy, the baby's tummy comes close to exploding. Yes, we're talking food allergies here.

Her poor mom, a lover of cheese and decadent baked goods, has been so very very good in trying to keep her baby healthy and happy, but the news of Dunkin' Donuts new double chocolate muffins has plunged her into a bit of self-pity. She might get some and freeze them  to be consumed after she weans Mina, but I thought it would be good to ponder a recipe for her now.

So if anyone has a completely dairy and soy-free muffin recipe, and can also figure out how to get chocolatey goodness into them, please let me know. I am seriously wondering if I can melt Mexican chocolate (which is dairy free) with canola oil for a better texture than applesauce would give.

All kibbitzers welcome. :-)

Gianotta