[Sca-cooks] I need helpful suggestions

Sharon Gordon gordonse at one.net
Wed Jan 30 18:06:49 PST 2008

>The best we can do is leave Wednesday night
and arrive early Thursday morning

Is there anyone going from your area who could take your merchanting tent
and pottery and set up your booth earlier with volunteers manning it and
sleeping in it to watch over the items at night until you get there?  That
might allow you to drive half way and stop and sleep and then continue in
the morning.  Or even not set up your items if there is no one to watch over
it, but just keep everything secured away?  Though so many people have
offered to help out Hroar in the past that I can't imagine there would be a
lack of volunteers unless there are not enough of them arriving early or
they are already booked up with other volunteer jobs.

Or, are there some SCA friends or friends from your mother's church who have
some nursing skills already who could care for her on a volunteer basis
beginning Wednesday morning until your brother got there that night?  That
way you could start off in the early morning and have daylight for the whole
drive.  They could come for some practice sessions a few times while you are
there so they could get used to your mother's routines and she could get
used to them if she doesn't already know them well.

Sharon
gordonse at one.net