[Sca-cooks] I need helpful suggestions

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Jan 30 18:11:06 PST 2008

> Huette von Ahrens wrote:
>>   Do any of you
>> have any helpful and legal suggestions as to what to use in order to
>> keep awake while driving?

I don't know what the rest-room situation is like on your drive, but I
find that drinking lots of water, alternating with cola, makes a big
difference. Diet soda has more caffeine, but that's to make up for the
sugar high you lose. My roommate swears by No-Doz since she has a tiny
bladder and doesn't like to stop a lot, but I find pee breaks help me stay
awake. Even a short stop of five minute eyes closed will help if you find
the road starting to blur. (Happens to me because I have a focus disorder
that kicks in if I'm not careful.)

--
-- Jenne Heise / Jadwiga Zajaczkowa
jenne at fiedlerfamily.net