[Sca-cooks] The use of sumac in medieval Arabic cooking

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Jan 30 18:12:47 PST 2008

Suey commented:
> The florilegium.org
<http://www.florilegium.org/files/PLANTS/sumac-msg.html> pretty well
answers this. Beside the mention of it in Anon. Andalus, in Spain it was
used as a drink with chickpeas and chard and as a substitute for
murri.>>>

I thought at first you meant the drink was detailed in the
Florilegium file, but I didn't see it there.

Is this a drink made of sumac that is eaten with chickpeas and chard?
Or is this a drink containing sumac, chickpeas and chard? If the
latter, that doesn't sound very good. But I'm trying to keep an open
mind.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas