[Sca-cooks] Interesting, OOP NY Times Food History article...

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 31 08:06:19 PST 2008

That's interesting!  I left the region much too early in life to have
been exposed to this tradition.

Elements of it remind me of the Brazilian churrascaria, the
all-you-can-eat, beef-oriented carnivore fest.  The sides are different
and not really eaten with fingers.  Also, stacking up the bread slices
puts me in mind of stacking up dishes at a dimsum place, to calculate
the total when you're done.

Maybe I need to go visit my Jersey friends more often.  Take the GIRL
friends out to this, bwa ha ha!

Selene