[Sca-cooks] Congrats are in order...

Mairi Ceilidh jjterlouw at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 6 16:16:35 PST 2008

HUZZAH!!!  I am SO pleased to hear this news.  Phlip is quite a special
Lady.  It might have been amusing to see her trying to act like one.

Mairi Ceilidh

Yesterday, after months of activity on the part of a Vast Monarchic
Conspiracy (with help from some others), Lady Philippa Ferraria (sp?),
a.k.a. Phlip, was hunted down and hauled, kicking and screaming, into
court at East Kingdom Twelfth Night, and there inducted into the Order
of the Manche, which is the East's Order of High Merit for achievement
in and service to the Arts and Sciences.

It can be given for surpassing competence in Diverse Arts or
excellence in one or more. In Phlip's case recognition was for
multiple arts, including metalworking and cookery.

I think technically the award was given, or was supposed to be given,
at the Saint Andrew's/Baronial Investiture in the Barony of an
Dubhaigeainn back in early November, but there was some sort of glitch
and the actual court date had been rescheduled.

So congratulations to Lady Philippa! We're all thrilled to see you get
this award, and also pretty amused as we watch you try to behave
yourself ;-).

Adamantius (who never never never cheats at cards, or is sick at sea)