[Sca-cooks] kneeling from Isabella

Daniel & Elizabeth Phelps dephelps at embarqmail.com
Mon Jan 7 11:05:00 PST 2008

Greetings good gentles!
Thank you so much for this thread on kneeling; I've got a wonky knee and was
not looking forward to straining it further. 43 is a little young for
arthritis, IMO, but it is what it is, as my lord husband is wont to say.
The one time I was officially called into court, (not the times I was
heralding or assisting,) I was about 7 months pregnant myself, and they flat
out forbade me to kneel. In my experience, most crowns have been reasonable
about accomodating this sort of thing, if they are aware of it. If  not,
perhaps a quiet word in the court herald's ear would suffice if you don't
want to ask the crown when you're up there. Yes, I know, just try and catch
a busy court herald, you're right!
Also, thanks for the advice abouot kneeling on one knee-personally, I could
probably manage this, on the good knee, especially if I had a hand getting
up. Is there, given two good knees, a preferred one? I've wondered about
this when doing a curtsey in reverence, but I've just worked with what I had
and not worried about it.
Thank you again, and in hopes that everyone is having a reasonably healthy
and prosperous New Year, I remain,
In Service,
Isabella de la Gryffin, AoA
Barony of Oldenfeld