[Sca-cooks] kneeling

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 10:31:47 PST 2008

Well, given two very bad knees...and my age...I don't kneel anymore.  I
wasn't even able to kneel when I was inducted into the Laurel!  I STR that I
did when I got my Pelican, but that was *(&*mumbley^%$* years ago!
Fortunately, no one seems to mind my problem...and if they do, then I guess
I won't be able to go forward when called!  Not only can I not get up, but
it is very painful to kneel and getting up is even more fun!  So no, I don't
and can't kneel!

Kiri

On Jan 7, 2008 11:10 AM, Laura C. Minnick <lcm at jeffnet.org> wrote:

> Interesting conversation...
>
> I knelt at my elevation. And yes, I needed help getting up.
> Fortunately I had James on one side and my friend Vesta (lady fighter
> with much musklz ;-)) to help me up. Another thing that helped is
> that there was a little low bench to kneel on, and it was easier to
> get up from that then it would have been from the usual pillow.
>
> At last 12th Night, however, I was miserable. I was on retinue and on
> the wardrobe team, and with all the thank-you's, I was up and down a
> lot. Amalric made a point of coming down from the dais to help me up.
> (I've never had a King do that before, and I was deeply honored that
> he did so.) After a few though, I stopped kneeling and simply stood
> to the back of the group. I don't think anyone minded.
>
> 'Lainie

Learning is a lifetime journey…growing older merely adds experience to
knowledge and wisdom to curiosity.
                   -- C.E. Lawrence