[Sca-cooks] kneeling

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Mon Jan 7 15:26:29 PST 2008

In a message dated 1/7/2008 9:42:15 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jo_foster81 at hotmail.com writes:

<<For the worth of it, Artemisia has mostly adapted the policy  (depending on
who sits the current crown of course) that those who are unable to  kneel,
stand.  There is generally no need to beg boon of the crown to do so  (though it
is polite to do so anyway).>>

The East does not require it either if one is unable.  Depending on  the
king, it is more or less easy to let them know you can't.  When I was  pregnant
with my son and called up for my vigil and then my Laureling, the King  told me
in no uncertain terms, without my even asking, that I was NOT PERMITTED  to
kneel due to my condition.  Which was kind of annoying, since I was  still
perfectly capable of it at the time.

The East also owns (and I know this for certain because I helped make it) a
padded kneeling bench with raised handles on the sides, akin to a gardener's
bench.  It doesn't come out all that often, though, as it is extremely
Norse/Viking in style and doesn't necessarily fit in with the theme of all  reigns.

Brangwayna Morgan