[Sca-cooks] Problems with sausage

Audrey Bergeron-Morin audreybmorin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 19:29:58 PST 2008

> some of the really cheap bulk sausage meat, made from trimmings, can
> be that way. Unfortunately, when you cook it, it's like you've got
> nothing left to show for your efforts.

We usually buy good sausage that barely loses any fat while cooking, even if
the casing is pierced. Two years ago, at Pennsic, we decided to buy some
sausage at the Giant Eagle, and proceeded to watch it ooze, and ooze, and
set fire to the BBQ, and ooze, and ooze, and set fire to the BBQ, and...
well, you get the idea. They must have lost a third of their size before we
decided we were tired of putting out the fire and were going to eat them
this way, fat or not. They still tasted decent, mind you.