[Sca-cooks] Seeking Costus...

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Mon Jan 21 04:59:33 PST 2008

Costus or costum is believed to be the root of Saussurea lappa and is
sometimes carried in health food stores under the names costus, kut, kut
root or kushtha.  A couple of other common names are saw wort and snow
lotus, but they are used rather loosely when referring to various members of
the genus (containing 300 or so members).

Bear