[Sca-cooks] FW: OOP - Culinary challenge for a feeding tube patient

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 21 09:28:19 PST 2008

Souuuup, Beauty-fulllll souuuuuup!

Much depends on how much fat content he is allowed, of course.  I'm a
big fan of Chinese dark sesame oil, that's something that gives a nice
flavor exclamation point, but if you cannot add fat content, that's off.

How about a Thai-type Tom Yum soup, again without the floaties but with
a nice hit of lemongrass?

If the Nutren is milky, are other milky creamy things do-able?  I'm
thinking, New England clam chowder without the floaties, but with clam
juice and infused with black pepper.  I'm thinking, sea food = good
mineral content.

I wonder if he can take Horchata, the Mexican rice/cinnamon drink?  No
actual milk, properly done, but it could boost the calorie intake and
cinnamon just makes you happy.

That's all I can think of for now, maybe more later.Best wishes for your
friend's progress.
Selene