[Sca-cooks] Elizabeth Crocker

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 22 01:35:45 PST 2008

--- "Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius" <adamantius1 at verizon.net> wrote:

> (Although in fairness, no cook on earth was as cost
> effective as the habits my mom acquired during the Depression. What???
> Throw away a perfectly good wrapper from a stick of butter without
> scraping the last fourteen molecules of butter off it first? Do you
> think we're made of money around here???)

Well, my mother, also a Depression child, wouldn't waste the energy to
scrape those last fourteen molecules of butter off the wrapper.  She
would use them to grease the pan, thereby not wasting them and also having
a bit of protection to keep her fingers from getting greasy in the process.

Huette

My thoughts are whirled like a potter's wheel;   King Henry VI, part I: I, v
http://www.twoheartsentwinedpottery.com/