[Sca-cooks] [Sca-cooks Laurel's Prize Tourney

K C Francis katiracook at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 24 14:24:53 PST 2008

The name of the event is the most confusing part as Laurels don't enter, there are no prizes as it isn't a competition and there is no fighting as it isn't a tournament.   Once you get past the name, the concept is pretty simple.  I've seen these displays at TFYC/Estrella/3YC and at the West's Twelfth Night.  They are awesome!  People (not just the Laurels) hand out special tokens to show their appreciation for the skill and effort put into the works.

And to complete the confusion, there has been a "Laurel's Prize Tourney" at Estrella where ONLY Laurels FIGHT for prizes which are items made by each Laurel entering.  Apprentices may enter with their Laurel's permission.  I attended a couple of these, and the prizes were to die for.  The highest place gets first pick and then down the line.

Katira al-Maghrebiyya> Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 13:30:51 -0500> From: johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu> To: sca-cooks at lists.ansteorra.org> Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] [Sca-cooks Laurel's Prize Tourney> > Rules are described at> http://moas.ansteorra.org/ > > Johnnae> > Barbara Benson wrote:> > Being unfamiliar with the concept of a Laurel's Prize Tourney I would> > be very interested in hearing more about what and why you have put> > together what you have. > >> > Grazie,> >> > --> > Serena da Riva> > > > _______________________________________________> Sca-cooks mailing list> Sca-cooks at lists.ansteorra.org> http://lists.ansteorra.org/listinfo.cgi/sca-cooks-ansteorra.org