[Sca-cooks] I need helpful suggestions

euriol euriol at ptd.net
Wed Jan 30 10:47:01 PST 2008

If you're looking for something with a good amount of caffeine, consider
Mountain Dew. I would also recommend keeping some chewing gum on hand,
something very strong in flavor. If you're not used to making long drives
(I have made the drive from San Jose to Seattle a number of times since a
child ~ 14 hours) then take turns between napping and driving. Also give
yourself a chance to stop every 3-4 hours for about 10-15 minutes.

Another trick I learned when I get really tired and I'm on the final
stretch is to turn off the radio and start to sing to myself. I think
having to sing helps keep your mind alert as you have to think about the
words more than following along with a song on the radio.

Euriol

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 10:38:28 -0800 (PST), Huette von Ahrens
<ahrenshav at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hroar and I are going to Estrella this year.  However, it is a 10 hour
> drive for us one way
> and we are going to have to drive all night.  I am very worried about
> doing this because it
> is such a long drive [yes, I am a Caidan] and because of us having to
> drive all night.  We are
> planning on leaving at 9 pm and hoping to arrive by 7 am.
>
> What I need are suggestions of things to drink or eat that will keep me
> awake enough to drive
> safely.  Unfortunately, I hate the taste of coffee, so that is out.  I
was
> going to stock up
> on Jolt Cola, but I have been unable to find any in my area [Los Angeles
> CA].  Do any of you
> have any helpful and legal suggestions as to what to use in order to keep
> awake while driving?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Huette
>
> My thoughts are whirled like a potter's wheel;   King Henry VI, part I:
I,