[Sca-cooks] Interesting, OOP NY Times Food History article...

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 31 09:09:32 PST 2008

Dragon wrote:
> Susan Fox wrote:
>

>> Speaking of non-SCA authenticity... Renata and I are catering the
>> after-reception for a talk on 50's Coffee Houses.  I got my black
>> clothes and beret in order, what do we serve with the strong black
>> coffee?  Charles Perry has suggested baklava, which was a fabulous
>> new discovery at the time, usually over-syruped as all get-out.  Oh,
>> and carrot cake.  Any other notions?
>>
> ---------------- End original message. ---------------------
>
> Hey now, none of that health food.
>
> It was black coffee and cigarettes with bongos and embittered poetry
> on the side.
>
> Dragon
LA Public Library = no cigarettes.  Maybe I'll put out some "pirouette"
rolled wafers just to be able to gesture with them like a ciggie.  I do
write some decent imitation beat poetry.  My speech honoring my parents'
50th Anniversary [50's themed] was done in that genre, with my baby
brother on the bongo.

Almond biscotti?  Yes/no?

Selene