[Sca-cooks] Interesting, OOP NY Times Food History article...

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Thu Jan 31 09:49:36 PST 2008

On Jan 31, 2008, at 12:25 PM, Kathleen A Roberts wrote:

> On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 09:15:15 -0800
>  Dragon <dragon at crimson-dragon.com> wrote:
>> Susan Fox wrote:
>>
>>> LA Public Library = no cigarettes.  Maybe I'll put out
>>> some "pirouette"
>>> rolled wafers just to be able to gesture with them like a
>>> ciggie.
>
> gee, if you could get a copy of Bell, Book and Candle...
> you could always see what was on the tables at the
> witches' club.   tho i think it was mostly mixed drinks
> and coffee.

Looks like Kim Novak and Elsa Lanchester have sherry or port, most
others appear to have mixed drinks. But then this is a night club, a
little different from even the nominal coffee shops we've been
discussing (I think).

> one of my favorite christmas movies

Oh, a classic. I sometimes look at the scene with Jack Lemmon and the
streetlamps and wonder why Dumbledore couldn't have done that with the
same sense of style...

But then almost anything with Elsa Lanchester is a guaranteed classic...

Adamantius