[Sca-cooks] White Pizza- OOP

Lilinah lilinah at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 31 19:46:44 PST 2008

I tend to get half-and-half pizzas, and these days generally from the
Extreme Pizza chain. I generally just get their standard toppings.

One of my favorite toppings is "Holy Cow" - fontina, swiss,
gorgonzola, mozzarella, roasted walnuts and fresh sage. No red sauce.

Another favorite is "Mr. Pestato Head" - homemade pesto sauce, new
potatoes, red onions, feta, fresh basil, oregano and mozzarella. No
red sauce.

And there's "Pandora's Box" - spinach, marinated artichoke hearts,
sun-dried tomatoes, feta, fresh garlic, fresh basil, oregano and
mozzarella. No red sauce.

Sometimes i get half with "The Boar'Der" - shredded pork marinated in
BBQ sauce, red onions, fresh cilantro, cheddar and mozzarella. (which
is "Ragin' Rooster" with chicken instead of pork)

However i was disappointed with "Poultry Geist" - Chicken marinated
in a "ranch" dressing, broccoli, onion, swiss, fontina, gorgonzola,
mozzarella and fresh sage. Might just have been that i didn't like
the quality of chicken... i generally find that re-heated chicken has
an unpleasant taste.

Also, i have yet to try "Peace in the Middle East" - homemade hummus,
tomatoes, olives, onions, feta, fresh basil, pepperoncinis and
mozzarella. Sounds good to me, but i think i'll wait until it's warm
out...

However, i'm going to give a pass to "Kickin' Chicken" - Chicken
marinated in a spicy ginger peanut sauce, scallions, fontina cheese,
fresh cilantro and mozzarella.  Just sounds a bit off to me.

Finally, Lainie wondered if she was weird to like capers on pizza...
how can that be weird? I love capers! I always add them to tuna
salad. And when my daughter was little, around 3 to 7, because she
liked them, she got a jar of nonpareil capers in her Solstice
stocking.
--
Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita