[Sca-cooks] Medieval dinner for eight went great!!!

Ian Rocas rocas511 at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 6 15:24:18 PST 2008

My feast last night went off without a hitch!  I served a 4 course dinner for eight.  It started with an aromatic salat followed by a squash soup with herb bread and butter.  The main course involved a choice of seeth of salmon, chawettys and/or farced goose, followed by tarts for desert.  I was cooking all day but I pulled it off.  My guests were not rennie fold so I could not convince them to follow all the rules.  They insisted upon drinking water with their meals and even couples would not share their beverages.  I held fast on the issue of not using forks however.  All in all it was a great evening.  They loved the food and learned something about ancient eating customes.  And I have some good left overs!

Rocas