[Sca-cooks] Hampton Court is Looking for Suggestions

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Wed Jan 16 06:52:14 PST 2008

The new blog entry for the Hampton Court cooks
(http://tudorcook.blogspot.com/ ) is looking for suggestions for adult
education courses.  The current blog says (in part):

"If you could choose an adult education programme to come to at
Hampton Court, what would be your subject of choice? What do you
want to know?

"This is a partially hypothetical exercise, so no limitations on how
wacky or far out the ideas can be......except NO practical cookery
 courses as that's an assumed 'given' in the pantheon of wished for
courses already!

"Half day, full day, evening lectures, a combination of all or any,
linked thematic series of talks, hands on sessions, practical, pure
theory.....whatever you could possibly think of on any topic linked
to Hampton Court, so art, history, clothes and costume, conservation,
etc. etc. etc."

I don't expect that most of us can get there, given the US economy at
present, but it might be nice to make some suggestions from our point of
view.  Their cookery ranges up to the early 1800s (IIRC) - Georgian
cookery, I think.  Any flights of fancy for the imagination??

Alys Katharine

Elise Fleming
alysk at ix.netcom.com
http://home.netcom.com/~alysk/