[Sca-cooks] Greek/Roman cheesecake recipe

devra at aol.com devra at aol.com
Wed Jan 30 15:23:02 PST 2008

This was redacted from Cato, and presented at the Third Food Conference in Boulder several years ago. I'm sorry; I don't have the original.

Ingredients:
15 ounce countainer whole milk ricotta
2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
half cup unbleached flour
quarter cup whole wheat flour
3 eggs
half cup honey

topping:
one third cup honey
3 tablespoons poppy seeds

Method:
Sift flours together. Blend cheeses and mix well until no large lumps remain. Add flour, eggs,
and honey, and beat until smooth. Pour into two lightly greased 8-inch pie pans. Bake at 350* F
for 30-35 minutes, or until lightly browned.
In a small saucepan, heat the topping ingredients over low heat to thin the honey out. Drizzle the
topping over cooked pies and return to over for 3-5 minutes. Be very careful removing them from the
oven, as the honey beomces very thin and liquid, and can easily run off the top of the pie. Serve
warm.