[Sca-cooks] Pennsic classes

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Jul 2 16:08:34 PDT 2008

Ranvaig replied to a question about Pennsic classes with:
> So... who here is teaching what at Pennsic?  I think I saw some
> familiar names in my quick glance at the class list (which is still
> incomplete).  I'm dusting off my table manners class, and am also
> teaching one on de Nola ("Pomegranates, Peacocks, and Pork: a 16th
> Century Spanish Cookbook").

I'm not going to Pennsic this year. If you have a handout, will you
share it?
Same goes for any other classes. >>>

I was going to wait a while to ask this, but since Ranvaig has
brought it up, I won't be at Pennsic this year either.  I'm still
unemployed and even if the interviews a few weeks ago had resulted in
a job, I don't think I would have wanted to take off a week or two
that soon.

So, if you are going to be creating a handout for a class or
documentation for an A&S entry, could you please send me an
electronic copy for me to consider adding to the Florilegium?  This
way folks like Ranvaig or myself, who won't be at Pennsic can still
learn from you efforts. This is true even for some folks going to
Pennsic. I have often found myself missing classes I wanted to take,
but had other conflicts such as eating or another class.

A class outline often is not complete enough to stand alone in the
Florilegium, but on the other hand, I've gotten class handouts that
are great as stand alone papers. The copyright remains with the
author, I can handle photographs and drawings and you can always
update a class handout later as you learn more or replace it with a
more polished article.

If you are in a class which has a good handout, please encourage the
teacher to send me a copy.

Thanks,
    Stefan
--------