[Sca-cooks] Food and kitchen related stone and shell work

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Fri Jul 11 08:57:04 PDT 2008

Am back and wading through mail.
There's a new book out that the Metropolitan Museum of Art has
on the subject of "pietre dure, or hardstones, this type of artistic
expression includes “paintings in stone,” which were composed of
intricately cut separate pieces that were made into magnificent
tabletops, cabinets, and wall decorations."

It's titled *Art of the Royal Court: Treasures in Pietre Dure from the
Palaces of Europe.

There's another titled: **Pietre Dure: The Art of Semiprecious Stonework*

There's a special exhibit--
http://www.metmuseum.org/special/se_event.asp?OccurrenceId={B2022125-6C01-4B81-9DD3-5660A4F12D69}

This might be a place to start for the mosaic part.

Johnnae