[Sca-cooks] Weird American food?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Jul 18 00:39:16 PDT 2008

Antonia di Benedetto Calvo replied to me with:

<<< Stefan li Rous wrote:

How about you Aussies out there? What do you consider weird American
food? I'm still not sure I want to even try sliced beet root on my
hamburgers, but apparently that is more common down there.

It's pickled. >>>

But it's a *beet*. And reddish purple and squishy. Maybe it's a
texture thing. :-)

<<< How is it any stranger than sliced dill pickles on a hamburger? >>>

See, that's why I asked the question. It hadn't occurred to me that
other places might consider pickled cucumbers, whether dill, sweet or
whatever to be weird. Nor pickle relish, pickled peppers or jalepenos.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com