[Sca-cooks] OOP - Weird American food?

Gretchen Beck grm at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Jul 18 08:51:58 PDT 2008

--On Friday, July 18, 2008 10:09 AM -0400 Nick Sasso
<grizly at mindspring.com> wrote:

> BBQ pulled pork sandwich with cole slaw atop

Heck, when it comes to that, other Americans consider the Pittsburgh
Cheesesteak wierd (meat, fried onions, cheese, frenchfries, coleslaw,
grilled bread)  Primantie's - yumm!

Corn on the cob

Speaking of Kreispy Kreme -- anywhere else make bread pudding with Krispy
Kreme glazed donuts? (Too sweet for me, but I had it down south)

I think the fried egg on hamburger is less a "wierd" thing and more an
out-of-fashion thing. There used to be several local lunch counters that
served that sort of thing in the '60s and '70s. Never thought of it as
wierd.

toodles, margaret