[Sca-cooks] Weird American food?

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 06:20:09 PDT 2008

Actually, what I said in the description is pretty much how it is made.  But
here's a more precise version:

Phillip's SOS

1# hamburger
1 jar (1/2 #)chipped beef (this is what he uses...you can use another
variety)

1.  Brown the hamburger.  Drain the fat off.  Remove meat from pan.
2.  If the chipped beef is salty, rinse the salt off and pat it dry.
3.  Melt about 2 pats of butter in the pan.  Stir in about a half cup of
flour to make a roux.
4.  Add about a half cup of milk, whisk over heat until smooth and
thickened.
5.  Add shredded chipped beef and allow to warm, then stir in hamburger.
6.  Serve over toast that has been buttered.

Please understand...he does this off the top of his head, so quantities are
very approximate.  But it is wonderful!!

Kiri