[Sca-cooks] Pulled Sugar Penydes was SCA 50th Anniversary Challenge

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Mon Jul 21 05:22:26 PDT 2008

Yes penydes is a sugar candy that is pulled.
If you go back and read your own Pulled Sugar file
you'll see that I cited the source back in July 2005 as being from

The manuscript "Goud Kokery" which is section V
in Curye on Inglysch :14. To mak penydes
This mss. is dated late 1300's.

The penydes recipe is interesting because penydes is
actually pulled and drawn out with the hands over a hook.
It was then cut with shears. See Laura Mason for description.
(Yes, this is the beginning of pulled candies.)

 I have since found some others.

Johnnae