[Sca-cooks] Cooking steaks was Re: lethal drinks

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Wed Jul 23 07:32:11 PDT 2008

On Jul 23, 2008, at 10:09 AM, Johnna Holloway wrote:

> And some like fish sauce like the men in this household

Fish sauce is good. So is soy sauce. It's the implication-through-
action that plain white rice automatically requires either, especially
when there's almost always a highly-flavored accompaniment served with
it anyway, that I have issue with.

I guess to me, it's as if you had a delicate quenelle made from
fillets of freshly-caught pike, poured a cup of Bulls-eye Barbecue
sauce all over it, offered a bite to someone, and asked them what they
taste. They respond, "Tastes like barbecue sauce to me." You respond,
"See? I _told_ you quenelles of pike have no flavor!"

> Johnnae
> (I think I just admitted that Patrick has grown up.)

Uh, yeah... but from what I've heard, it's probably just the truth.

Adamantius

bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter