[Sca-cooks] Domesticated Animals was Re: Vegetarian & Vegans was Re: lethal drinks

Daniel & Elizabeth Phelps dephelps at embarqmail.com
Sun Jul 27 21:45:57 PDT 2008

As a side note to this discussion, let me recommend a book called "Sacred
Cow and Abominable Pig", I forget the author, but he talks about what kinds
of animals we do and do not eat and why. Roger Caras wrote a book on
domesticated animals too, I forget the title but I believe it was published
within the last 10-15 years. I'm also working my way through "Guns, Germs,
and Steel", by Jared Diamond, who among other issues addresses the
domestication of animals and how it influenced the rise of civilzation. All
three of these books talk about this, really.
My humble apologies to the good gentles on the cook's list who have already
read these books-if you haven't, please do so-they are utterly fascinating.
Bye for Now,
YIS
Isabella de la Gryffin

Frank Zappa

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like
administering medicine to the dead.
Thomas Paine