[Sca-cooks] Kangaroo meat (was Re: Vegetarian & Vegans)

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 28 12:38:35 PDT 2008

> Well, all I can tell you is that Jack in the Box is head-quartered
> here in San Diego (where I live), they were in fact buying a lot of
> beef from Australia, and it was all over the news media at the time
> that kangaroo meat had been deliberately added to the burger patties.
>
> That's all I really recall other than the fact that it was seen by a
> lot of people as an outrage.
>
> Dragon

Some people heard Australia and made the mental jump to Kangaroo meat, I
suppose.  [Pun intended, of course.]  Like we don't produce enough beef
on this continent?  And you know how squeemish we USAns are about meat
from "cute" or just non-standard animals.

That being said, now I find myself curious how Kangaroo tastes.  I hope
it is better than Ostrich, which is pretty darned blah.

Selene