[Sca-cooks] Silly season

chawkswrth at aol.com chawkswrth at aol.com
Tue Jul 29 12:32:40 PDT 2008

If I had been a boy, I would have received the dreaded James David Moniker (Grandfather and Great-Grandfather). Yes, I would have been called 'J.D.'
Am I the only one who sees this as 'Jaded Knight' ?

How did the family handle my Birthday? One Grandmother would send me a 5 dollar bill in a birthday card, and say it was for both my birthday and Christmas. The other Grandmother always gave me clothes on my Birthday and a toy or jewelry?at Christmas (she died when I was 14)
Somewhere around the age of ten, I informed the parental units that my birthday cakes were Christmas Cakes, not Birthday Cakes-too many snowmen and Santas. I wanted a normal birthday cake...after that, I got either roses on the cake, or I got Dobach (sp) from a German bakery in new Orleans...I miss those cakes.

I like the idea of celebrating Unbirthdays! It is a great way to let folks know how much you appreciate them being in your life!

Happy UnBirthday, Everyone!!!!

Helen

Rous <StefanliRous at austin.rr.com>