[Sca-cooks] Why *X* and not *Y*?

Lawrence Bayne shonsu_78 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 29 12:40:06 PDT 2008

 I do have a problem with animals being raised as pets then
> being eaten. If
> you buy a rabbit for food, don't let you kids play with
> it as a pet. But
> when animals are raised as food, frankly, it shouldn't
> matter if they're
> cute or not.
>
> I'm still surprised most people don't mind eating
> lamb....

I was raised on a farm/ranch and we KNEW that any and all critters eventually was destined for the table so it never bothered me, however, my Dad made pets of all the animals and then could not butcher them. It didn't bother him to butcher other people's animals, just ours.

YIS
Lothar