[Sca-cooks] Silly season-birthdays

Dragon dragon at crimson-dragon.com
Wed Jul 30 08:18:30 PDT 2008

Margaret Rendell wrote:

>to further the education of someone who comes from Somewhere
>Different... why do people queue in the Post Office on tax deadline day?

Because their tax return has to be postmarked by midnight on that day
and many people procrastinate about getting it done. Some because
they owe additional taxes and wait until the last second to file and
others just because it can be a pain in the behind to get everything
together to fill out the forms. Like most unpleasant tasks, many
people put them off until they MUST do them.

The thing is, there has been an electronic filing option for a number
of years now and I really don't understand why more people don't use
it. I love being able to do my tax filing on my computer, the program
does all the calculations for me, error checks it, even assesses my
risk for an audit and then I can send everything in with no effort at all.

So the continuing phenomenon of masses of humanity at the post office
baffles me.

Dragon