[Sca-cooks] Celebrating April Fools day

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Jul 30 16:41:06 PDT 2008

Elisabetta replied to me with:
 >>Okay, but would it be worse or better to be born on April 1 (April
 >>fool's day)?

 >>Stefan

<<< Bite me. >>>

Unusual invitation, but I guess that could be arranged...

<<< I can tell you from experience, in the US, after elementary school,
it's not that bad. But we don't celebrate April Fools Day like Europe
does, or India (it's a different holiday there - where people wear
white clothes and other people toss paint onto them). >>>

So how *is* April 1/April Fools day celebrated in Europe these days.
Unless it is another one of those urban legends I thought it
originated in some of the calendar changes near the end of our
period. I think there is some info on it in the Florilegium. However,
I don't remember a lot about how it was celebrated then or now.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com