[Sca-cooks] Butter (OT, a bit)

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 05:02:26 PDT 2008

Actually, it might do it a bit better.  And even better than that is
grapseed oil.  The reason is that the flash point for both is higher...so
you can actually get the oil/ghee/clarified butter a lot hotter before you
add the meat, thereby doing an even better job of searing!  When I'm searing
tuna, I use grapeseed oil...and I know Phillip has started doing steaks that
way as well.

Kiri  (thanks for the tip!!)