[Sca-cooks] Tall cabinets and short people

Lady Celia CeliadesArchier at cox.net
Tue Jul 1 14:28:42 PDT 2008

Selene said:

<<While we're in the same subject line:  good Lady Celia, I will take your
counsel and check the office stores.  If the "house brand" shelving is
well-made, I will get a great bargain.  I like to think that my visitors
will spend more time looking at the books themselves than the shelves,
yesno?>>

Yes :)  Although the ones I have, while "spartan" (in that they're very
simple... just all straight lines), I've had them for about 5 years and
they're still pristine (and I tend to be hard on stuff... Both my couches
have dents -course the bookshelves get things shuffled around them less, so
it could just be that they're less stressed)... And I think they're pretty
(My new roommates coveted them the moment they saw them ;-) And they're well
made.  But, yes, I do recommend heading over to look at them if it's at all
convenient.  They usually have a set of them on display in the stores.  I
also appreciate the convenience of the fact that if I'm ordering more than
$50 worth at any of the office stores, they deliver them to me, generally
next day ;-)

As one bibliophile to another, hope you find something that's perfect for
you, and that you're as happy with as I am with mine :)

In service,
Celia