[Sca-cooks] OOP -- Cherry Liqueur

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 16:24:48 PDT 2008

Also...I was taught to put the berries and the alcohol in and leave it to
steep for about 6 weeks or more, then add simple syrup after straining the
fruit out.  I am currently making a raspberry cordial with white
brandy...I've had some made this way and it was wonderful.  I also make a
Scotch flower cordial that I use very cheap blended scotch to make...and it
came out incredibly good the last time I made it (which was the first
time!!).

Also, if you use seasonings (I used cinnamon with blackberries and peaches),
the resulting cordial will be a little cloudy unless you strain it through a
paper filter.  I didn't because I didn't want to strain out the cinnamon
flavor!

Good luck...

Kiri