[Sca-cooks] English Food

Barbara Benson voxeight at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 06:21:15 PDT 2008

Master A said> I can state with some experience that people will
crawl, naked, through open
> fields of broken bottles and climb the barbed-wire-wrapped tree in the
> middle of it, to get at the sauce gauncile sitting in that tree. Some of
> them will even put the sauce on the barbed wire and eat it.

Thank you! That is exactly what I am looking for. I have never done
the meat with sauces thing because, for some unknown reason, it can be
difficult to get people in this area to try sauces. You send the
sauces out and they eat the meats plain because they are
scared/intimidated/suspicious of the sauces. Then you get negative
feedback that the meats were bland and boring - all because they chose
not to use the sauces.

Then again, I once served a whole deep fried onion with a
Garlic/Walnut sauce that went over very well. Most tables would not
allow the sauce to be removed from their table and applied it
liberally to forthcoming foods.

To give a second option on sauces what would you recommend? Maybe a
mustard would be complementary?

--
Serena