[Sca-cooks] Subject: Re: English Food

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 5 09:23:52 PDT 2008

David/Cariadoc wrote:
>By "medieval in my book" do you mean you have a medeval recipe for
>it, you conjecture it is medieval, or you think it feels sufficiently
>medieval not to spoil the ambiance?

I suspect she meant the second or third.  However, Yorkshire Pudding does not seem to appear in cooking literature until 1737.  Which is too bad, it is indeed cheap and yummy.  Americans just don't have enough excuses to eat drippings!

Some documentation is here:  http://www.foodtimeline.org/foodpuddings.html

Susan/Selene