[Sca-cooks] Fwd: RE: Need easy recipe that freezes well

euriol euriol at ptd.net
Wed Jul 9 10:20:46 PDT 2008

The challenge is that I can't access the internet from my apartment, yet...
But thanks to my new Centro, I was able to get the information emailed to
me.

Beef Stew
Interpretation:
3 lbs stew beef	       1 large onion, minced
3-4 cups of water	       3 tbsp parsley
1/2 tsp cinnamon	       1.5 tsp dried sage
8 whole cloves	       4-6 tbsp unseasoned bread crumbs
1/2 tsp mace	       1/2 cup vinegar
10 grains of paradise    10-20 threads of saffron
10 cubebs	                1 tsp salt

Place beef, water, parsley, onion and all spices into a pot. Bring to a
boil, reduce heat and let simmer until the beef is cooked and tender,
approximately 1.5 - 2 hours. Remove meat from broth. Add breadcrumbs to
broth and stir regularly until sauce is thickened to desired consistency.
Add vinegar and cooked meat into pot. Let cook for 5 minutes, then serve.

Note: For ease, you don't have to remove the meat from the broth before
adding the breadcrumbs.