[Sca-cooks] OOP-OT Squash

Lilinah lilinah at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 14 08:54:42 PDT 2008

chawkswrth at aol.com wrote:
>  One can only describe the Zuc as...log-like.

Back in the mid-70s few friends and I lived in a house in LA that had
a zucchini vine that was very very productive. We had some honkin'
HUGE zukes.

When they got really large (and log-like), they were not particularly
pleasant to eat. We tried hollowing them out, chopping up the flesh,
and mixing it with other proteinaceous substances, cheese, and
seasonings and baking them. I'd say they made nice serving dishes,
but the flesh wasn't worth eating.

It's best to eat 'em young and comparatively petit :-)
--
Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita

My LibraryThing