[Sca-cooks] OOP-OT Squash

Sharron Albert morgana at gci.net
Tue Jul 15 01:05:43 PDT 2008

>I have a nice cheesy casserole recipe and we have developed a fried
>squash, with onion and butter.
>But what else can one do with it?
>Especially when it has rained to the point where one cannot get to
>the plants?for a week. One can only describe the Zuc as...log-like.
>
>I am willing to listen/read/experiment with any recipe for either
>variety of Squash....Thank you!
>
>Helen

I'm not much for squash, but a few ways I have enjoyed them are:

Yellow squash, chopped, barely cooked in small saucepan with cream
cheese and whatever spices you want. I like fresh chopped dill.

Prepare a stuff, much like for mushroom caps, with lotsa cheese
including parmesan, and bake in the oven (usually small zucchini).

Sliced, steamed, and served with alfredo pasta and freshy grated
parmesan over all.

Someone beat me to the chocolate-zucchini bread. Yum.

Morgana yr Oerfa, in Oertha, where the squash grows huge...
--
Wit is educated insolence. -Aristotle, philosopher (384-322 BCE)