[Sca-cooks] Weird American food?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Jul 17 14:58:32 PDT 2008

Adamantius commented:
<<< Agreed. Luckily for the manufacturers of these products, there are
millions upon millions of people in the world who don't give a hoot
what Americans think is bizarre or tasty. And considering some of the
things Americans don't think bizarre and do think tasty, this might
not be such a bad deal for anyone... >>>

So, what are some of the foods that Americans tend to think tasty
that other cultures tend to think are bizarre?

It's probably because I am one of those Americans that I can't think
of what those items might be, for instance the pumpkin pie that
someone mentioned wouldn't have been something I would put in that
category since I like pumpkin pie and it just wouldn't have occurred
to me.

How about you Aussies out there? What do you consider weird American
food? I'm still not sure I want to even try sliced beet root on my
hamburgers, but apparently that is more common down there.

Thanks,
  Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas