[Sca-cooks] Weird American food?

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 17 23:33:09 PDT 2008

Interesting.  The last time I was in Melbourne [Mid December 1974 through February 1975], my hosts served pumpkin pie for dessert on Christmas Day.  I don't think they did it just for me and not one person asked what it was, not even the children.  They also served pavlova and plum pudding.  If I remember correctly, all the desserts were fully eaten by the end of the meal.  I also remember being very surprised when the meat dishes were served.  I was expecting goose and roast beef.  What they served was turkey and roast beef.  I was told that goose was very expensive and that turkey was less expensive and very popular.

Huette
Caid